iMessage for Mac is the most wanted app developed by Apple. It is a fabulous instant messaging application which is the most common source of communication. This spectacular application is announced by the famous Scott Forstall on 6 June 2011. With the help of this popular application, a user not only can send messages but also can send photos, videos, contact information, group messages, etc. The users who used to face common problems while operating iOS 8 and 9; the actual solution is discussed in this article.
Download iMessage on Mac
Predominantly, most apps are by default built-in Apple devices. iMessage is one of the best and instant messaging applications which is also built-in Apple devices. The cost of the downloading is zero. The user can simply download this app from the store and can enjoy using the app. Well, the steps to download this app are:
- The foremost task is to visit the app store.
- Then type iMessage in the search bar and tap on the iMessage option as soon as you get the desired app.
- Then you just need to click on the download button to get the app successfully downloaded.
Also Check: Access iMessage Online on PC & MAC
How to Send an iMessage on Mac
- After opening Apple’s application, iMessage on Mac machine from the dock, just tap on the new message option which is available there on the right.
- Now, just simply type the name of the person where you will see the blue iMessage bubbles icon on some names.
- The names where you could see the blue icons are the ones to which some Apple ID or phone number of that particular person with the iMessage option enabled in it.
- After selecting the person, send a message by typing and sending a message and click on the hit button.
How to Add other Accounts to iMessage App on Mac
To add other IM accounts, you don’t have to install the third party application. Now, let us see the steps to do so:
- Initially, just open the iMessage app.
- Then you will see the messages icon on the top of the menu. Select messages and then go to the preferences menu.
- Now click on the Accounts option which is available right on the top there.
- The next step is to select the accounts section from the bottom left. Just select the option from Google Hangouts, Yahoo, etc.
- Then choose the IM account type and enter the credentials.
- After doing the above process, the iMessage app will allow you to send and receive messages from your instant messenger services.
How to Use iMessage Online on Mac?
In Apple devices, Apple’s application is already available in it. The procedure or steps to download this application i.e. iMessage online for Mac is:
- After entering into the iTunes option, the open internet browser to go to the website.
- Then type “iMessage” in the search box.
- Now, download the app by just clicking on the download button.
- Then let the app get it installed by clicking on the install option.
- The last step is to log-in to the app using your Apple ID and then you can able to view all the conversation right there on the screen itself.
Related Post: Get Download iMessage for windows 10
How to Setup iMessage on Mac?
To set up the iMessage app on Mac OS X is not a tedious task to do. Let us see the step by step procedure:
- At first, open up the iMessage application from the dock on Mac.
- Now, you just have to sign in with your Apple ID and click on the submit button.
- After signing up, here comes the iMessage app. Enjoy the app by communicating with your friends.
What to Do When iMessage Doesn’t Work?
Sometimes there are several reasons due to which iMessage doesn’t work properly. Well let us see the causes and their fixes to solve the issue:
- At first check out the Wi-Fi connection– The complete working of the iMessage app totally depends on the internet connection. The interruption in the Wi-Fi connection or technical faults in the connection may cause disruption which results in not working on the app.
- Modify the details on the concerned account– To perform this action, move on to settings menu and select “Send and receive” option. There will be one menu header which will read that “you can be reached by iMessage at”. At that point, you just need to remove the phone number, email ID, and all according to your convenience.
- Manage Time and Date– To set this menu, again move on to the settings menu, then tap on general and then click on the “Date and Time” option. Now set this to “set automatically”. Most of the problems get resolved with this one course of action.
- Reboot: When all the methods fail, then the last option is to reboot the iPhone device. It will reset successfully all the apps. Well, this option works in every case.